12.06.2004

Today I had to start saying goodbye to people at work. One of my co-workers is mentally and physically challenged and the most awesome person you could ever hope to meet. I hate to sound sappy, but he is truly inspiring in so many ways. Th kind of person that makes me proud to be a part of the human race, where, say, George Bush makes me deeply ashamed. Enough said.

Anyway, I was helping some customers out to their car, and my co-worker was collecting grocery carts down in the garage. He motioned for me to come over, so I did, and he just looked at me and put his arms around me. I said, "I'm so glad I met you and got to work with you," and he said, "Me too," in his gruff voice. I melted into tears.

Leaving a place can really make you appreciate what you have. I had a long talk with a guy in the produce department about this; he was very supportive of my new adventure, having recently made a similar daring move. That's one great thing about my job; I've met so many new people, and learned so much from them, even in the few short months I've been there. Lucky. I am very lucky.

In other news, I broke out in hives after carrying out some rich lady's tiny Christmas tree to her car.

Lucky.

No comments: