3.31.2011

Weight Watchers


I know this is kind of weird, but I totally joined Weight Watchers' online program last night. I generally need an entity to be accountable to if I want to get anything done, so I gave the man $17.95 and I've started counting points. I don't necessarily need to lose a ton of weight, but I want to eat healthier and exercise more consistently. I've also seen their plan work for some good folks that I know, and it doesn't seem too crazy. Last night I learned that the combination of a pepperoni calzone and two beers is about a day's worth of points, but at least I started off honestly. Onward and upward!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Aw dang, I was gonna have that for dinner. Good for you Pols, I have heard nothing but great things about WW. Although I love you just as you are.

Derek Estes said...

Good for you Polly!

I've been trying to keep healthier and just joined the gym at the Hilton, and granted there are some luxury perks that are making it a treat, I was in need of more exercise. My last trip to the DR, informed me of cholesteral and blood presure levels a little too high. It seems like a good idea to address these things now instead of waiting for a crisis.

I know a couple people who have had amazing results after joining WW and both have kept the weight off for a couple years now, which seems like good sign.

Danelle said...

haha Awesome! I did weight watchers and it WORKS. I mean.. if you follow it correctly. I would always save up my points for the weekend. :) Good luck!

Christina said...

I totally did Weight Watchers online a while back and it definitely worked. It just makes you more aware of what you're eating and how much your working out - which is a good thing... maybe I should join again. Anyway good for you!

polly conway said...

Thanks for the support, guys! It's going really well so far; I love making lists and I've already lost 2 lbs. Yay!