4.13.2008

It's been over 80 degrees for the last three days, which has been awesome. I made mint juleps, sun tea, and my favorite summer pasta with cherry tomatoes and artichokes. Our house is now filled with flies and other unsavory creatures, but it's worth it to keep the doors and windows open.

Did you know April is National Poetry Month? Well, it is! I thought this would be a good time to actually read some poetry for once (bad, bad poet!), so I picked up this cool little journal, Jubilat.
A lot of literary journals can be pretentious and extreme snoozefests, but Jubilat is awesome and contained a bunch of good poems and drawings. I actually read the whole thing. It's pictured here with some iced tea and fresh jasmine that I picked from the backyard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll have to see if I can pick up that journal. :) My husband & I both love to read poetry!