4.22.2008

Professional Person

Sorry, everyone! I've been AWOL from the blogosphere because I scored a sweet temp job in the Web 2.0 realm, where words like "blogosphere" are thrown around constantly.

Also, what is the Web 2.0 realm, you may ask? I didn't know either, until I looked it up on Wikipedia. It's all about social networking and wikis and Internet communication magic. I work at a very nice and successful company that creates fun conferences for people to go to so they can talk about these things.

I'm not used to the corporate world by any means, so I've been excited to learn some corporate vocabulary, including my new favorite:"reaching out," which is what I'm doing now. I just want to reconfirm your awareness of my presence online.

Against all odds, I kind of love this job, and the people are extremely friendly and fun. I know it sounds cheesy, but whenever I temp, I try to pretend that whatever I'm doing is my real job, and see what it feels like to be that person for a while.

While doing some research on real Web 2.0 websites, I accidentally came across some hilarious fake websites, huhcorp and duhcorp. Peter also found a very funny comic that perfectly skewers the weird corporate language that is slowly creeping its way into my brain.

In other news, I'm up to my ears in Etsy orders, which is awesome, and I found this record on the street yesterday. Thanks to Youtube, we can all enjoy "Alley Cat" by Dutch pianist Bent Fabric (yes, you heard right) together. You may recognize the tune from various cat litter commercials.

3 comments:

LazyTcrochet said...

Wow that brings back memories! I loved it. I remember being jealous of my friend who got to take piano lessons. I had to take organ lessons and this song, in particular, sounds much better on piano. Thanks for sharing!

outofthepinksky said...

Oh yeah! I remember that song :)

Hyla said...

LOL, cute!