11.19.2008

I wasn't allowed to play Nintendo as a child. But I was allowed to play computer games, and play them I did. I grew up on classic shareware and text adventure games, which generally involved extensive reading of descriptions on an otherwise blank screen. My favorite of all was a game simply called "Castle Adventure." You're a guy, in a castle, picking up stuff. There are lots of corridors. Then you die. I never beat Castle Adventure, but it was an awesome game, and now that I'm unemployed, I might take a little walk down memory lane.


I'm taking Peter to see some nerdcore rappers tonight, where we hope to hear MC Frontalot sing a charming song about his own favorite text adventure game.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there!

I'm kinda dropping by randomly because your link is on my blog & I'm reading through them in the middle of the night.

& I thought I'd stop for a second to tell you about this new selling site I found. It's called ArtFire.com & you should check it out.

It's still really, really new (still in beta) but it's heading in a really good direction! They are already buying advertising online & in print magazines to bring in traffic to the site. (It's already got almost as much traffic as indiepublic.com)

It's got stats for shop views so you know where your customers are coming from! I know! Gasp! Faint! Right? hehe

& it's just $7 a month (for the first 5000 artists) to list & sell as much as you can FOREVER. $7 a month no matter what! I signed up on that alone! haha

Anyhoo, it is new so there aren't zillions of people using it (which is good & bad) but I thought you might want to take a look at it. With the ad campaign they are working on kicking in soon (or so they are saying), I think it's going to be a good place to start listing!

If you sign up, give me a yell & let me know what you think!

Always,
Amy

RPiffingtonshire said...

I couldn't have a nintendo, either. I was told I could get one if I got an A in math and that didn't happen until I was an undergrad.

I played lots of educational games that I enjoyed at the time but nothing really beats Monkey Island.

polly conway said...

Dude. Monkey Island was the best, although I can't remember beating it. I always gave up too soon on these important ventures. :)