10.02.2009

Neighborhoody Times


Some days, I love Oakland so much! Yesterday (when I was supposed to be at the DMV) I found this vintage Barbie outfit and matching velvet purse at the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse.

That place is magical; you'd think it would be both overpriced and picked over by the thousands of hipsters here, but there is always something great to be found for practically nothing.

I also introduced the owner of Issues (the greatest magazine shop in California) to the wonderful world of Blythe. Can you believe not everyone in the world knows the storied history of Blythe? Me neither. She then showed me some insane doll collector magazines.

I bought a magazine for the first time in forever; most of the time I can't bring myself to buy them because it breaks my heart to throw them away. I have a problem.

No comments: