9.19.2010



I was so excited to see Ponyo (but not excited enough to actually see it in the theater or rent it; what do you think I am?) that we were going to watch it on our anniversary last week when I discovered it was on Netflix Watch Instantly. I'm glad we didn't, because I didn't love it. Ponyo herself was kind of annoying personality-wise, and the plot was all over the place. I tried to blame it on the fact that it was made for a very young audience, but so was My Neighbor Totoro, and I can watch that over and over again.

Good things: awesome elderly ladies, the father's trippy 70's suit, and Ponyo's millions of little sisters. I also enjoyed how much Ponyo liked ham, as we had just eaten ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner. And some of the undersea scenes were really beautiful. But, so far, my least favorite Miyazake. Am I alone?

1 comment:

Giggly said...

You're not alone. :) I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. Her little sisters were so adorable!! Plus the little boy kind of reminded me of Max.