11.02.2005

*actual can of salmon eaten not pictured: i would never eat bumblebee brand; what do you think i am, some kind of heathen?


I've been a little overwhelmed lately. It's been a rough week. Apparently it's difficult to work and go to school at the same time. I haven't had much spare time to do things like cleaning or shopping. I am exhausted. However, these may or may not be valid excuses as to why I ate an entire, gigantic can of salmon last night.

I bought it ages ago, with the intent of using it for some recipe, but when I came home from work last night and saw nothing in my cupboards but saltines and salmon, I did what any normal person would do; emptied the can of salmon into a bowl and got out a spoon.

It was pretty satisfying. I can't say that I'm sorry I did it, but I probably won't be doing it again.

I am going to San Luis Obispo for two days to cleanse myself of salmon/exhaustion-induced impurities. I will return with a fresh outlook, and hopefully my apartment will have aired out by Saturday.

3 comments:

ted d. said...

I, too, recently found nothing in my cupboards and found myself polishing off a can of chunk white tuna (I don't eat tuna lint) and saltines... which I can't remember another time I have every done that for dinner... though I have done grosser things, like trying to turn jiffy pie crust into a cookie bar by adding peanut butter, sugar and chocolate chips.

Miriam said...

Mmmm ... pie crust cookie bar ...

Anyway, you shouldn't feel bad! Don't British people eat stuff like that all the time? Or, I guess, like, sardines, but fishes is fishes.

ted d. said...

Now that I remember clearly, it was Pizza crust, not pie crust I was trying to turn into a treat :(