5.17.2008

No Beer, Just Tequila!

It was so hot yesterday that we had no energy to do anything but sit on the couch and stare into space. So I decided to spice things up a bit by giving Peter an early birthday present.

No, not that, you sick pervs! I gave him the DVD of !Three Amigos! He was very pleased, and suggested that we watch it immediately. But we needed some accoutrements. We ran to the store, picked up a bottle of tequila and a few limes; I got out the free blender that my dad won somehow from his health insurance company, and we made margaritas and watched this excellent film.

Like Wayne's World, !Three Amigos! (!I don't know how to make the upside down exclamation point!) has done nothing but improve over time. I wasn't allowed to watch it when it first came out (an unbelievable 21 years ago), but I remember all the boys in my class doing the Amigo Salute and quoting the most obvious jokes. For whatever reason, none of the rental places in our neighborhood had it for rent, so I was forced to buy it, and now our lives have been greatly enriched.

Here's an excellent life-enriching scene for your pleasure.

2 comments:

Beat Black said...

ooo, still a great movie after all these years. :)

North County Film Club said...

loved it!